Friday, October 14, 2005

The Curiosities

I am conscious that many women get pregnant. It happens all the time. So that these curious ways of being and feeling happen over and over and over, but women often want to describe them, and record them, and write books about them.
Also, I know that sometimes women have several children, and they go to work and take care of their other children, and I suppose they stop feeling amazed.
Sometimes, we looked on the internet to see what the baby was up to. The baby is an angel, said one site, or a jumping bean. The baby is the size of a fig. Or a goose egg. At this point, said one site, it looks just like a real baby! We looked over at the picture. It was not a baby, it was a monster-fish.
I didn’t know you couldn’t eat feta cheese. I found that on the internet. At the same time, I found that the baby could move its elbow. This made me burst into tears: the fact that I’d eaten feta cheese and that the baby could move its elbow. What had I done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home